Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pacific Rim

I saw Pacific Rim this past July. I liked it so well I was tempted to interrupt my blogging hiatus just to write about it. It was the perfect summer movie: Pretty people, terrible monsters, heroic sacrifice, driving music, incredible special effects, even a little love story. What's not to like?

You can find all kinds of clips from the movie on YouTube and I think I’ve gone through about twenty of them. There are variations on the theme music from the movie in most of them but this one is my favorite:

Pacific Rim Main Theme

Starting at about 23 seconds in this sounds, for a few minutes, like the version of the theme used when we first see the brothers taking Gypsy Danger out. At which point in the movie I sat straight up and laughed in pure delight.

I’m hoping the powers that be are clever enough to release the DVD before Christmas so it can go on my list for Santa.

No comments: